This list was difficult to think of. If you have any suggestions, please comment!
- Four weeks of consistent exercise => heart rate monitor
- Be able to advance to level 2 of 30 day Shred => new songs from I-tunes
- Lose 10 pounds before Christmas => books about running
- Increase my run/walk intervals => bubble bath
- Go down a size from my "normal" jeans => learn how to knit
- Attain my first goal weight of 165 lbs => Runner's World magazine
I now wear a size 12 (compared to a size 18 eleven weeks ago) and I just finished my first knitting project.
Where to start? I usually start in books. That's how I have learned to wire a garage, build a fence, and sew. Well, books did not help me learn to knit! I was able to understand what the pattern symbols meant, but the actual casting on and knitting wasn't turning out. Where next? Videos. Ahh, the beauty of the internet and a Knitting Help website.
After watching a video of how to cast on and knit, I was able to make the dishcloth pictured here. My first completed knitting project. Tension needs some work, but I am knitting! Gauge is not correct, but I am knitting! I currently can only do two knitting stitches, but I am knitting! Next knitting goal is to learn the purl stitch on another dish cloth.