Do you not know that the runners in the stadium all run in the race, but only one wins the prize? Run so as to win. Every athlete exercises discipline in every way. They do it to win a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one. Thus I do not run aimlessly; I do not fight as if I were shadowboxing. No, I drive my body and train it, for fear that, after having preached to others, I myself should be disqualified. - 1 Cor 9:24-27

Saturday, March 27, 2010

Daybook

Outside my window::
     - all the snow is melted.  We've only had 29.2 inches of snowfall; our average snowfall is 71.7 inches.

I am thankful for::
     - life.

I am wearing::
     - jeans in a size smaller than my last post.  =)

I am reading::
     - the latest issue of Mater Et Magistra

I am hoping and praying::
     - for a good friend who is expecting.  My Mary wrap her mantle around her baby and keep her protected.

To live the Liturgy::
     - praying the rosary in the van with the kids on the way to piano lessons.

On my iPod::
     - ipadre; I have listened to some really good Catholic podcasts.

I am running::
     - six miles this morning.  I was really surprised at how well I did; I could have kept going for a few more miles.  Maybe a half-marathon is in my future later this year.

Around the house::
     - painted cabinets to put in the school room.  An organization bug has hit me.

On the sewing front::
     - trying to make four Easter dresses for my daughters.


A few plans for the rest of the week::
     - a steroid shot for my mole scars.  I pray that this helps subside the itching.
     - a trip to Green Bay to take Squeaker to a peds dentist.

A picture to share::

1 comment:

  1. Aren't longer runs even more fun than shorter ones? I hope we can do a half-marathon together in the next year or two!

    Your youngest is just a darling...

    ReplyDelete