Do you not know that the runners in the stadium all run in the race, but only one wins the prize? Run so as to win. Every athlete exercises discipline in every way. They do it to win a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one. Thus I do not run aimlessly; I do not fight as if I were shadowboxing. No, I drive my body and train it, for fear that, after having preached to others, I myself should be disqualified. - 1 Cor 9:24-27

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Long Run in Pictures

The temperature:  25 degrees  .. required two layers of running attire today.
View when I stepped out my door

Mornings are so beautiful!

Wow.

Behold, my new running path ... uh, I mean the city's bike path.

Isn't it beautiful?

Currently, this is where the bike path ends.  Eventually, it will go another 12 miles.

One of the many lakes in our area.  The water was so still.  Do you see the clouds in the water's reflection?





The local river

The Courthouse

Our downtown

9 miles
1:50:08
12:20 pace

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures! Your race looks so quiet and serene! Love it! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the pictures! Your race looks so quiet and serene! :0)

    ReplyDelete