Do you not know that the runners in the stadium all run in the race, but only one wins the prize? Run so as to win. Every athlete exercises discipline in every way. They do it to win a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one. Thus I do not run aimlessly; I do not fight as if I were shadowboxing. No, I drive my body and train it, for fear that, after having preached to others, I myself should be disqualified. - 1 Cor 9:24-27

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Homeschool Planning

This is the time of year that I start looking at our overall curriculum, what's working or not.  I start compiling a list of purchases that will need to be made for next school year for each child.  Why?  Usually, one of the school suppliers has an awesome Easter sale on everything, including the books that never go on sale.  Also, planning now provides a list for me to have on hand when I'm at the thrift store or scanning the swap emails.

Mostly, we've been using Mother of Divine Grace's curriculum.  For high school, I'm still evaluating what to exactly do.  My goal is to prepare the children well so that if they want to go to college, they can ... hopefully doing well on the standardized tests and getting scholarships..

My homeschool planning work in progress is located on this page:  Homeschool Plan

No comments:

Post a Comment