Do you not know that the runners in the stadium all run in the race, but only one wins the prize? Run so as to win. Every athlete exercises discipline in every way. They do it to win a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one. Thus I do not run aimlessly; I do not fight as if I were shadowboxing. No, I drive my body and train it, for fear that, after having preached to others, I myself should be disqualified. - 1 Cor 9:24-27

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Yarn Along

With each baby, I've crocheted a baptismal gown.  Since learning how to knit, I decided to go outside my comfort zone and knit a baptismal gown for our newest little one.  To me, each stitch is a little prayer for this little soul.  It comforts me in my anxiety during pregnancy.

This is the beginning of the gown (again) starting from the waist going toward the feet.  The pattern is "Ribbons and Lace Christening Gown".
 
My first knitting class was this past Saturday, basic socks.  Last night, I finished my 'homework' which was to knit up to the heel.  The pattern is a Men's Heavy Weight Boot Sock by Knitting Pure & Simple.  Why I mens' sock, you ask?  Well, I do have size 12-13 ladies feet.  While knitting, I had two dropped stitches which I was able to fix myself thanks to the awesome Knitting Help app on my IPod.
I've been enjoying listening to the New Testament recommended by Elizabeth Foss.  I am still reading Jillian Michael's Unlimited.

Check out the other Yarn Along's at Ginny's Blog

2 comments:

  1. I think I told you before, but I really think you are knitting an heirloom gown and what a wonderful way to pass the time while waiting for your newest blessing.
    Happy Yarn Along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how exciting a christening gown for your newest blessing...I love your words of "every stitch is a little prayer"....beautiful
    Hope your pregnancy is going well mama...looks like we'll be having our babies around the same time (mine is due June 1st with baby #4)
    P.S. Your works says otherwise about you being a beginner knitter:)

    ReplyDelete