Do you not know that the runners in the stadium all run in the race, but only one wins the prize? Run so as to win. Every athlete exercises discipline in every way. They do it to win a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one. Thus I do not run aimlessly; I do not fight as if I were shadowboxing. No, I drive my body and train it, for fear that, after having preached to others, I myself should be disqualified. - 1 Cor 9:24-27

Thursday, May 10, 2012

with needle & thREAD

Joining with Eliabeth
needle and thREAD


Not too much sewing going on, but a lot of cutting ... to me, it's the most time consuming.  I try to cut out many and then sew assembly-line style.  The patterns are from The King's Daughters.

Projects ready to sew:

2 Button Dresses
1 Jumper
1 Skirt

All for my oldest daughter ... she's a size 8 in the waist and a size 16 in height.  Try finding clothes that fit!

To conclude from yesterday's post, my spiritual reading that I do along side the daily Mass readings is The Conversation with God  The funny thing is that in today's reading it talks of the 'heroic minute' on pg. 491 of volume two.  I just had blogged about that the other day!

3 comments:

  1. LOL That sounds a lot like me when I was young. I was so skinny, mum had to take in all my clothes! My son is 13, wears age 20 pants- but he HAS to have the slim fit because otherwise they are TOO baggy. They are still too baggy!
    DD is 8, wears age 8 clothes, but they all bag on her. She is about age 6 in waist and chest!
    Love the look of your fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I'm just showing cutting today, too!

    Pretty fabric.

    I've never heard of this pattern company...will check it out...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have lots going on, don't you. Size 8 waist and 16 height would be a challenge. Good thing your girl has a mama who can sew!! My needle and thREAD post is here: http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/05/crafting-along-with-needle-and-thread_10.html

    ReplyDelete