Outside my window::
- It's snowing. Up here, we will have at least two more months of winter.
I am thankful for::
- the ability to be able to run. This new adventure that I started has been very helpful in de-stressing my life. Saturday, I stepped out the door and just ran. No predetermined route this time. No i-pod either. Of course, afterwards I had to figure out exactly how far I ran ...
I am wearing::
- A purple sweater and tan skirt. It is the Second Sunday of Lent, you know.
I am reading::
- Journey to Easter, by Pope Benedict XVI.
I am hoping and praying::
- to find my way in this dark night of the soul.
To live the Liturgy::
- focusing this Lent on finding God's will for me in my vocation.
I am pondering::
- on changing our "napping room" into the "closet room". All the clothes would be in one place. I am imagining that it would be neat and organized.
I am creating::
- a lapbook for our study of Around the World in 80 Days by Jules Verne. I thought that this would be a good end to our study of the world this year in geography.
On my iPod::
- old podcasts of Rush Limbaugh. I haven't sync'd in a while ... also it's a very small ipod, so I have to constantly rearrange what I want on there.
I am running::
- signed up for my first race, 5K on May 8!
Around the house::
- chaos. How does one learn to clean up after oneself? I have failed miserably in teaching this virtue. During Lent would be a good time to learn this...
On the sewing front::
- helped two children make gifts for Squeaker (see photo) and finished one swimming suit for Lil' Chef. I need to make some more this week. These girls have sure grown!
One of my favorite things::
- coffee. Enough said.
A few plans for the rest of the week::
- A haircut for myself, a week of school work packed into four days, swim suits to sew, and packing for our trip to Wisconsin Dells.
A picture to share::
Do you not know that the runners in the stadium all run in the race, but only one wins the prize? Run so as to win. Every athlete exercises discipline in every way. They do it to win a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one. Thus I do not run aimlessly; I do not fight as if I were shadowboxing. No, I drive my body and train it, for fear that, after having preached to others, I myself should be disqualified. - 1 Cor 9:24-27