Do you not know that the runners in the stadium all run in the race, but only one wins the prize? Run so as to win. Every athlete exercises discipline in every way. They do it to win a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one. Thus I do not run aimlessly; I do not fight as if I were shadowboxing. No, I drive my body and train it, for fear that, after having preached to others, I myself should be disqualified. - 1 Cor 9:24-27

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Tomorrow is the beginning of Lent

Each year, I struggle with what I should give up for Lent.

To me, Lent is like a good cleaning; a time to spiritually clean ourselves.  My Lenten reading will be The Kiss From the Cross by Ronda de Sola Chervin and Finding God's Will For You by St. Francis de Sales.

Along the lines of cleaning, I will focus on cleaning and organizing our home.  Each day of Lent, I will find something to donate to St. Vincent de Paul's.  I think Easter would be very enjoyable with a better organized and less cluttered home.

I am giving up desserts; but to be honest it's also to help in my weight loss journey.

After reading this post, I've decided to give up my computer time during the week (Mon-Fri).  I enjoy reading blogs ... homeschooling, Catholic, running, and all combined.  I find myself checking my email frequently throughout the day.  Therefore during Lent, I will blog, read a few blogs, update my running log, pay bills, enter school grades, and read emails only on the weekends.

Have a Blessed Lent!

No comments:

Post a Comment