Do you not know that the runners in the stadium all run in the race, but only one wins the prize? Run so as to win. Every athlete exercises discipline in every way. They do it to win a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one. Thus I do not run aimlessly; I do not fight as if I were shadowboxing. No, I drive my body and train it, for fear that, after having preached to others, I myself should be disqualified. - 1 Cor 9:24-27

Friday, June 4, 2010

Pre-Race jitters

My first trail race is tomorrow.  Currently, it's raining and the rain is predicted to continue most of the night.  I would imagine the trail will be muddy tomorrow.  This will be my second race.  I'm already missing my two comrades who raced with me last time.  They were willing to listen to me jabber on and on about how excited I was to run in a race.

I am excited.  If it's raining tomorrow, it will not dampen my excitement.  I've ran in rain before.  Since reading the book, "Born to Run" by Christopher McDougall, I've been intrigued by trail runs.  For training, I've ran on the snowmobiling/orv trails near my house.  Some of the trails are all sand; other parts of the trail are rocks and hills with tree roots running across.  It will be fun. 

My gear for the race:
-------------------------
Tank top
Running Skirt
Moisture wicking socks
New Balance Trail Shoes
Road Id  (I do not run without it!)
CamelBak Hydration Belt
Garmin
Visor
Directions to the race
Camera
Post run outfit
Mangosteen Juice (to drink afterwards => helps reduce inflammation)
Picnic lunch for the family after the race before shopping at Menard's

Mmmm, what am I missing?

Hey, I have four followers now.  Cool!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck, rooting for you.

    I see you have mangosteen juice on your race list. How do you find that stuff? I friend of mind was raving about it a couple days ago...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patrick,

    You can purchase it through the link.

    It has worked wonders for me. I've suffered with back problems for years. I know that I couldn't be running without it (even as slow as I am.

    ReplyDelete