Do you not know that the runners in the stadium all run in the race, but only one wins the prize? Run so as to win. Every athlete exercises discipline in every way. They do it to win a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one. Thus I do not run aimlessly; I do not fight as if I were shadowboxing. No, I drive my body and train it, for fear that, after having preached to others, I myself should be disqualified. - 1 Cor 9:24-27

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Three Things Thursday

  1. I'm excited for my second trail race on Saturday.  A 10K.  My goal is to beat the pace that I ran during my first trail race.  The best part of it is that I may get to meet an ultrarunner.  How cool is that!  An ultrarunner will be at this small town race!
  2. My first half marathon is in 9 days!  Plus, I'll be running with my sister and my mom.  Most likely, I'll be running with my mom, because my sister is super fast.  Also, I will be spending my first night away from the kids and hubby.  A girls' weekend!
  3. My three year old has had nine straight days of 'bathroom' accidents.  I haven't figured what is up with that yet.  I've been giving her extra attention (of the positive kind) to see if maybe that's what is lacking.  She's been potty trained for the last two months.  There hasn't been really any change at home, besides the fact that school is now out.

No comments:

Post a Comment