Do you not know that the runners in the stadium all run in the race, but only one wins the prize? Run so as to win. Every athlete exercises discipline in every way. They do it to win a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one. Thus I do not run aimlessly; I do not fight as if I were shadowboxing. No, I drive my body and train it, for fear that, after having preached to others, I myself should be disqualified. - 1 Cor 9:24-27

Saturday, January 22, 2011

Friends are such a blessing!

Temperatures have been cold lately.  I have a very difficult time mentally running on a treadmill.  The goal this weekend was to run 6-7 miles ... a recovery week.  So funny to hear me say 'only' 6-7 miles.  Saturday's weather was -2 deg F with a windchill of -15 deg F.


Fortunately, I have found a dear woman who enjoys running outside in all kinds of weather.  Thanks Sandy for joining this crazy lady this morning.  The 6.5 miles flew by and the temperature seemed warmer in your company.

3 comments:

  1. Yeah! So happy you found a partner in zanie-ness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you! Temperatures have been cold here too but probably not as cold as you! My running partner is pregnant and so most of my miles are solo right now. My husband is working up to more miles so hopefully he'll join me on a long run soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My goodness that sounds bone chilling!!! Brrr! Way to go on the run! :0) I love running with friends...it really does make the time pass! :0)

    ReplyDelete