Do you not know that the runners in the stadium all run in the race, but only one wins the prize? Run so as to win. Every athlete exercises discipline in every way. They do it to win a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one. Thus I do not run aimlessly; I do not fight as if I were shadowboxing. No, I drive my body and train it, for fear that, after having preached to others, I myself should be disqualified. - 1 Cor 9:24-27

Monday, February 14, 2011

Winter Carnival 2011

"Thousands of Pages Unfold in the Bitter Cold" was the theme for this year's Winter Carnival at the university that my husband and I met.  Each year, the students build snow and ice sculptures ... what else is one to do with all the snow?

The temperature was a warm 38 degrees.

Jurassic Park

Bilbo Baggins and the three trolls

Three Little Pigs


Rainbow Fish

The Little Engine That Could

The Little Engine That Could

The Little Engine That Could

The Little Engine That Could

The Bible

The Bible - In the Beginning

The Bible - For God so loved the world

The Bible


Broomball (brooms instead of hockey sticks and a ball instead of a puck)

Alice in Wonderland

Alice in Wonderland

The old woman who lived in a shoe ... had so many children, she didn't know what to do.  LOL

Clifford, the big red dog

A library with different stories



The university's ski hill

The lift bridge over the portage

Dining at the local restaurant called, "The Ambassador"

Dear Husband enjoying a Sweet Tart Fishbowl ... memories from college days.

No comments:

Post a Comment