Do you not know that the runners in the stadium all run in the race, but only one wins the prize? Run so as to win. Every athlete exercises discipline in every way. They do it to win a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one. Thus I do not run aimlessly; I do not fight as if I were shadowboxing. No, I drive my body and train it, for fear that, after having preached to others, I myself should be disqualified. - 1 Cor 9:24-27

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Nun Run 2011

I was asked to be a shadow participant in the annual Nun Run on March 12th.  The run is actually taking place in Tempe, AZ.  Since I don't have unlimited funds at my disposable, I opted for the shadow option.  I'll be running the race 'virtually', ie on my roads and then reporting in.

This order, Poor Clares of Perpetual Adoration, is one of my favorites. Why?
  1. The focus is on Jesus.  
  2. Perpetual Adoration is to constantly give thanks to Our Lord
  3. Full habits
  4. From the order that Mother Angelica founded in the U.S. (EWTN)  more history here
  5. The race motto is awesome.  "Nun Run...it's a great habit to be in!"
The nuns are in the process of raising funds to build a monastery for 28 nuns.  Could you join me and give any amount you can?




 One of these years, I want to run with the nuns!



No comments:

Post a Comment