Do you not know that the runners in the stadium all run in the race, but only one wins the prize? Run so as to win. Every athlete exercises discipline in every way. They do it to win a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one. Thus I do not run aimlessly; I do not fight as if I were shadowboxing. No, I drive my body and train it, for fear that, after having preached to others, I myself should be disqualified. - 1 Cor 9:24-27

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Oh the places we go!

It's been crazy for the past two months.  My husband was unjustly let go from his job up here.  Fortunately, he saw the writing on the wall and had been applying for jobs.  They let him go on Friday and the new job offer came Monday morning.

The week before my first marathon, the kids and I were house hunting.

So, we are moving from this (3950 sqft):








To this (2233 sqft):


Also, we were in the middle of remodeling part of the upstairs.  It was set up as an apartment.  We were taking out the kitchen and making it into a master bedroom and bath.  Dear husband sanded the floors before leaving for his new job.

After my first marathon on May 15th (recap coming soon),  I refinished the floors, painted the walls, replaced outlets, and moved furniture in.

It turned out beautiful ....



1 comment:

  1. Wow, that is beautiful, Cheryl! You both did a great job!

    ReplyDelete