Do you not know that the runners in the stadium all run in the race, but only one wins the prize? Run so as to win. Every athlete exercises discipline in every way. They do it to win a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one. Thus I do not run aimlessly; I do not fight as if I were shadowboxing. No, I drive my body and train it, for fear that, after having preached to others, I myself should be disqualified. - 1 Cor 9:24-27

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Yarn Along


With each baby, I've crocheted a baptismal gown.  Since learning how to knit, I decided to go outside my comfort zone and knit a baptismal gown for our newest little one.  To me, each stitch is a little prayer for this little soul.  It comforts me in my anxiety during pregnancy.

This is the beginning of the gown starting from the waist going toward the feet.  The pattern is "Ribbons and Lace Christening Gown".  The author has been so helpful in answering my beginner questions.

Each Advent, I work through "Advent and Christmas Wisdom from Padre Pio".  It gives me little things to think about each day.

A side note, the mug in the picture was inherited from my husband's grandmother.  Each visit at her home, I would drink coffee with her and I would use the same mug.  She made the strongest coffee ever.  I miss her dearly.

For more Yarn Along's, check out Ginny's Blog.

3 comments:

  1. God bless your little one and I'm sure that gown will be sooo special. I too am a new knitter but have crocheted since I was a child. Thanks for sharing. Tricia @ CrunchyCatholicMomma.blogspot

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful thing to do! It's starting out great!

    ReplyDelete