Do you not know that the runners in the stadium all run in the race, but only one wins the prize? Run so as to win. Every athlete exercises discipline in every way. They do it to win a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one. Thus I do not run aimlessly; I do not fight as if I were shadowboxing. No, I drive my body and train it, for fear that, after having preached to others, I myself should be disqualified. - 1 Cor 9:24-27

Thursday, May 20, 2010

One gate finished, one more to go.

Last year, I started building the fence in our backyard to corral my little Trouble.  I had some pictures of our house when it was first built in 1899.  The original fence was an iron wrought one, which would not work for our family or our budget.  The neighbor had a white picket fence which I tried to replicate.  With a newborn, I was pleasantly surprised that I finished the fence last summer with exception of the gates.  Gates are hard.

After starting my fitness journey and now running regularly, I have the motivation to tackle just about anything.  So here's gate number one:



I have one more gate to do, but it's a bit more complicated.  It's a double gate so that I can fit the riding mower through.  Hopefully, I'll have another picture to post of that finished gate before the end of the month.

1 comment:

  1. Dear girl, what can you NOT do? You are amazing! I love to see your handiwork. Keep us "posted" (pun intended).

    ReplyDelete