Do you not know that the runners in the stadium all run in the race, but only one wins the prize? Run so as to win. Every athlete exercises discipline in every way. They do it to win a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one. Thus I do not run aimlessly; I do not fight as if I were shadowboxing. No, I drive my body and train it, for fear that, after having preached to others, I myself should be disqualified. - 1 Cor 9:24-27

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What happened to my kids?

The morning started off nice with a P90X Core Synergistics workout.  I need to strengthen my core more in order to improve my running.  Wow, what a workout!  After my shower, I had some time to sew before the kids and I started school.  (Yes, I get up early)  When I sew, I do not sit in a chair but on a exercise ball.  I definitely did a core workout, because I noticed that it took more effort to sit upright to sew.

After sewing for an hour, the kids and I started school.  I'm not sure what happened, but everyone was focused.  When I asked something of someone, I got "Yes, Mom.  Right away, Mom"  Where are my kids??  We were finished with school before lunch today!  Granted, there's been a bit less of work because we are finishing up various things as the school year comes to a close.

Next I hear, "Can I watch Lots of Hair for you, so that you can sew some more?"  Um, ok?  So I did a bit more sewing before lunch.  I had only to make my own lunch today too.  The older kids fixed lunches for everyone else.  After lunch, Lots of Hair went down for a nap.  I announced that I was going to go back down to sew some more.  Lil Chef was practicing the piano when Mr. T came up to me and asked if he could do her chores.  Um, ok.

So far, there's not been any fighting.  This is amazing.  Lately, we've been focusing on treating each other as if they were part of the Holy Family (Jesus, Mary, & Joseph).  Today, I see fruits of our labor.  What a blessing today is!

3 comments:

  1. Wow everyone is doing PX90...

    Anyway, you left 5 posts on my blog so I owe you a shirt...size medium I believe?

    Just email me at 17281posse(at)gmail.com with an address.

    Thanks for reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound like an awesome day :)

    ReplyDelete