Do you not know that the runners in the stadium all run in the race, but only one wins the prize? Run so as to win. Every athlete exercises discipline in every way. They do it to win a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one. Thus I do not run aimlessly; I do not fight as if I were shadowboxing. No, I drive my body and train it, for fear that, after having preached to others, I myself should be disqualified. - 1 Cor 9:24-27

Monday, May 24, 2010

Weight Loss Update

With the season finale of the Biggest Loser tomorrow,  I thought that I'd give an update of where I was and where I am at now.

It's been seven months since I've started this adventure.    My kids ask me why I still run, since I look "normal" now.  I tell them that I run to feel good, to help me become a better runner, and to help me become a better mom.  Also, I don't want to go back.  I like the energy that I now have and how my clothes feel.

Yes, I'm a numbers nerd (the engineer in me)

Stats:
             11/07/2009     5/24/2010
             -----------      -----------
weight    195 lbs            156 lbs
chest       43.5 in              37 in
waist      40.75 in            33.5 in
hips         46.5 in             39.5 in
pant size     18                8 or 10

Wow, I'm sure glad that I did keep track.  One of the hardest challenges for myself now is to get my mindset out of my "old size".  When I arrived to pick up my packet for my first race, I looked at the t-shirt that I ordered => XL.  Fortunately, I was able to exchange it for a medium.  A medium!!!!!

What's next?  Well, I would say that I am in maintenance mode and fine tuning.  I need to do more core workouts to keep my back healthy and to help improve my running.  I have been trying to incorporate P90X into my routine.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats on an awesome transformation!

    You asked where I get my socks. Two places www.littlemissmatched.com and Dick's Sporting Goods. Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats SHeryl..Thats amazing! How has the hubby been doing on the X?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm so proud of you. Can't wait to we run the half marathon together, my goal is to finish. What an accomplishment. Awesome...:) mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go!!! that is an amazing job :)

    ReplyDelete