Do you not know that the runners in the stadium all run in the race, but only one wins the prize? Run so as to win. Every athlete exercises discipline in every way. They do it to win a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one. Thus I do not run aimlessly; I do not fight as if I were shadowboxing. No, I drive my body and train it, for fear that, after having preached to others, I myself should be disqualified. - 1 Cor 9:24-27

Saturday, December 31, 2011

Short of Goal but not on accomplishments

Running goal for 2011 was 1111 miles.

Completed 828.4 miles which included two full marathons!

The start of baby #6 stopped my mileage for almost two months.

Overall, I'm proud of how I maintained my fitness this year even though a few injuries.  My running goal for 2012 will be to just run when I'm able and after baby recovery work towards a half marathon for the fall.  I, also, would like to work on my upper body strength ... and I finally found our P90X dvds from the move!  I need to develop a plan and way to measure my progress in regards to the upper body strength.

1 comment:

  1. Great job! Making a number goal is a great idea for a resolution. I hurt my knee Christmas Eve (runner's knee, I think). I was pushing myself to set a new record on the treadmill and have been hurting since. It's getting better, but I still feel it a bit going up and down stairs and after I have been sitting a while. I haven't been on the treadmill since giving it time to heal and I'm nervous to hurt it more. I'm ready mentally to get back on. Any advice? Been there done that?

    ReplyDelete