Do you not know that the runners in the stadium all run in the race, but only one wins the prize? Run so as to win. Every athlete exercises discipline in every way. They do it to win a perishable crown, but we an imperishable one. Thus I do not run aimlessly; I do not fight as if I were shadowboxing. No, I drive my body and train it, for fear that, after having preached to others, I myself should be disqualified. - 1 Cor 9:24-27

Friday, January 15, 2010

If Sarah Palin runs for president, I will vote for her.


Interesting article in the magazine of In Touch Weekly

What a blessing to have a woman stand up for life!  I firmly believe that if all of us, especially our elected officials would value life, born and unborn, our country would be much better.  As a country that values life, we would care for the elderly, the sick, the mentally challenged,  the orphans, the widows, ... I could go on.  I am not talking about more government programs.  I remember after 9-11 how everyone helped each other out.  Charities and everyday citizens helped more people then some of the government programs; and they did it faster too.  We are all called to help our brother in need.

"How  can you say there are too many children in the world?
That is like saying there are too many flowers."~~Mother Teresa of Calcutta

If the Bible calls debt a curse, and children a blessing; why is it that in
our culture we apply for curses and reject God's blessings?

No comments:

Post a Comment